Summer is just around the corner. And as a digital nomad looking to make the most of the summer break, you must plan accordingly.
Here is a list of our best ideas for the traveling digital nomad looking to make this summer memorable.
Top 5 Summer Destinations for Digital Nomads
- Charleston, South Carolina: This location is perfect for you if you are the type to work hard all day and having fun at night. You can enjoy world-class restaurants, nightclubs, and bars without breaking the bank.
- Boise, Idaho: Picturesque and full of hiking trails, lakes, and RV parks are perfect for the digital Nomad looking to get the most out of summer vacation. Boise is one destination to visit.
- Jacksonville, Florida: I know Florida has been synonymous with high temperatures and beach bods. You don’t know that Jacksonville is crawling with so many opportunities for the digital nomad. So you can earn as you vacation and have fun.
- Moab, Utah: Are you looking for an off-road adventure? Moab offers some of the best hiking, biking, and rafting adventures for Summer travelers. You can also stay at their numerous campgrounds, saving money while having a fun-filled summer.
- Asheville, North Carolina: With scenic parks, waterfalls, and camps sited in the heart of nature, Asheville is a great place to visit if you are a digital nomad looking for the ideal summer spot. If you own an RV, you’d love the Blue Ridge parkway.
Top 5 accommodation types for Digital Nomads
- Short-term apartment lets: A bit pricey, but worth it if you want to stay alone. These apartments usually have utilities and Wifi attached, which is also a plus.
- Co-living accommodations: If you don’t mind sharing communal spaces with other residents, a co-living space is not as pricey and comes with utilities attached.
- Hostels: This option works best if you are a social butterfly and don’t mind working in a room full of people. Hostels are also a great way to ‘plug into the community.
- Airbnb: One of the more popular options. However, there is no social or community value when staying at an Airbnb, and it may not always be designed for digital nomads.
- House Swaps: This is coming back. Loan a house for the duration of your stay. This arrangement can be restricting as regards choice, but it’s a cheap option regardless.
Top 5 Rental Sites for Digital Nomads
- Airbnb: Offers a range of choices and affordability. Airbnb also has payment and package flexibility to get you that cool spot this summer break.
- Flatio: Offers fully furnished flats. Flatio's transparent pricing policy is better suited for medium- to long-term arrangements.
- Agoda: Agoda offers all-around accommodation options, from hotels to apartments. It’s also customer-centered, and you can do almost everything yourself.
- Co-living: This is perfect for you if you enjoy living in large groups. Get great deals on fully furnished apartments with all the amenities. This platform is one of the best for Digital Nomads.
- Selina: Offers a price comparison feature, so you always get the best deals for your budget. This means you also take advantage of discounts and promos, saving money while ensuring your summer spot is top-notch.
Finally, every self-respecting Digital Nomad knows the importance of staying connected wherever you may be.
Nomad Internet uses the latest 4G LTE technology and coverage span of the three largest network providers in the US to ensure that you stay on the grid, no matter how off the grid you may wander.
With pocket-friendly packages and an impeccable customer care culture, Nomad internet will keep you ‘plugged in’ all summer, whether camping out in the countryside or lying on a beach.