Customer Service Representative - Call Center APPLY NOW
We are looking for members of our Nomad Internet community who would like to step forward and aid us in our goal of adding 10 rural-trained Customer Support Representatives to our growing call center team.
Nomad Internet hires from its own community. The same people who love our service will help us take care of those who need it most.
This is a 100% remote work opportunity
The Customer Service Representative will astound customers with the effective resolution, proactive account management, and customer education. They determine and resolve root causes to customer concerns and inquiries, identify appropriate service enhancement opportunities, and explore customer needs to develop loyal and profitable customers, including assisting with activations, payment arrangements, and other collections activities, when appropriate.
This role is a learning role, where Customer Service Representatives are building skills and competencies in these areas while also demonstrating world-class skills in courtesy, concern, timely resolution, value creation, and relationship building.
We’re offering our Customer Service Representatives the increased flexibility that comes with working virtually. To qualify, the Customer Service Representative must achieve performance and attendance goals.
As Nomad Internet’s Customer Service Representative, you will interface with our customers as a voice of Nomad Internet. You will take ownership by assisting customers with their service, billing and account management. You will also work to resolve simple connectivity issues and escalate them to our technical team for resolution as necessary. In this customer experience-centered role, your troubleshooting skills and ability to problem solve within a fast-paced environment will help improve our customer’s overall experience.
- Provides astounding customer service through effective and timely resolution of various customer inquiries and concerns
- Approaches each call with a can do mindset and treats each customer with respect, courtesy and a genuine desire to help
- Handling inbound calls including giving general direction and guidance to customers
- Build customer loyalty and value through effective account management, identifying and providing product recommendations and collecting past due balances
- Support phone customers by updating contact information, assisting with Self-Care guidance, transitioning account plans, helping cancel subscriptions or closing accounts
- Work within the Customer Service Team to identify process failures and opportunities to improve the overall customer experience
- Meet department productivity and quality standards.
- Complete training requirements to learn new skills and processes, grow knowledge of systems, and develop proficiency on company values, organizational requirements, and competencies
- Assist end-users with general questions that range from rate plan differences to service availability and occasional technical concerns
- Provide billing and account related support to end-users
- Perform other project related tasks as requested by your supervisor.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- You must take pride in your work
- Ability to work independently to resolve customer concerns and/or issues
- Be a relentless internal advocate for the customer. You internalize customer concerns, solve them and keep it positive
- Strong customer service and communication skills via phone, email and chat
- Great communication skills showing you to be outgoing, friendly, kind and warm in demeanor; a “people person”
- You will be a great communicator and engage with your team on a daily basis in the same way you would in an on-site office environment
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Willingness to take ownership without being asked
- Flexibility and the ability to handle constant change within a high-paced environment
- Must be able to handle emotionally charged situations
- Solid understanding of the internet and high speed data services
- General knowledge of personal computer networking
- Ability to demonstrate interdepartmental collaboration in the workplace
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving, and trend identification experience
- Must be able to multitask and utilize multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- Proficient in typing (Minimum 50 WPM)
- A dedicated workspace with the ability to minimize background noise.
- Ability to work non-standard shift hours and overtime on an as needed basis
- Must provide your own computer equipment which complies our system requirements
- 2+ years experience in customer service, technical support and executive escalations
- 2+ years experience in a rural internet support environment, with a WISP or as an end user
- Experience in a Customer Care environment
- Experience working with rural residents
- Inbound Call Center experience
- Prior experience setting up or managing a wireless network in a home or office environment
- Technical troubleshooting experience either in a similar industry or as an end user